Meet Regethermic @ Hofex 2019
Come and meet Regethermic the international specialists delivering cook chill and extended shelf life systems and equipment to revolutionise production schedules and quality at the Hofex show in Hong Kong ion May 2019 (registration below).
Available options for the rapid chilling of food
"If you can't chill it then you can't cook it" was the saying I distinctly remember when I began working as a production chef many years ago.
Considerations when rethermalising food
When it comes to the rethermalisation of food in plated and bulk formats - whether in a hospital, aged care facility, conference centre or hotel - there are various considerations to factor in:
The Process of Pasteurisation
Thermal pasteurisation is a balance of the correct temperature combined with the appropriate time, used with the appropriate packaging material to provide the desired results.
Consideration of the following points needs to be given when assessing the suitability of this process...
MAP - Modified Atmospheric Packaging
- Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic Options
- Vacuum and Gas Flushing
- Easy Tooling Change Over
- Fully Programmable
- Skin Sealing Options
- Printing Capable
Cryogen - The Nitrogen Revolution
- Improved production through-put while utilising minimal foot-print
- A considerably quicker means of cooling over traditional methods
- Wide range of applications from chilling and freezing Proteins, Fruits and Vegetables as well as Baked Products
- Maintains product quality while minimising production costs
- Offers very consistent results
- As the process moves frozen product through the -2 to -5°C range quickly it reduces crystallisation
Extended Shelf Life - The Process of Hot Fill
Hot fill is where a product is cooked then pasteurised to a minimum core temperature before being filled at a lower, stabilised temperature into sealable vacuum bags. Using specified temperatures between production and a rapid cooling process post bagging, product is safe to be refrigerated for extended periods of time. The benefits of hot filling are numerous: